Sunday, September 2, 2012

Frumpy into fabulous!!!


My name is Mel, and I am a shoe addict.  It's a predicament I've lived with for many years.  But with my "obsession", comes problems.  And funnily enough, money is not the biggest issue I have when it comes to indulging my little dilemma.

I am a tall woman.  180cm tall to be exact.  The downside to my Amazonian height, is feet to match.

Of course, it seems that most manufacturers of quality footwear, seem to think that all women fit into this category:  Feet must be between sizes 5 and 10!  I hate to burst their bubble, but I have a size 12 foot.  Or 45 in European sizing.  So for most of my life, shoe shopping has been met with crippling disappointment, and cheap and nasty men's sneakers from your generic department store.  It didn't matter how much effort I put into my outfit.  I could have spent hundreds on hair, make-up and clothes, but it was all a waste of time and effort when I put on those dodgy sneakers.

When I discovered them, my life changed in the most amazing way.

I stumbled across their website by Googling "larger sized ladies shoes", or something along those lines.  Up popped their shop.  An Australian shop, with a great range of shoes, and prices.

It was love.  Immediate.  Deep.  Endless.  Boundless love – at first sight!
I found myself salivating (literally) over the huge variety of shoes.  With pretty much everything available in my size.  Shoe heaven!

My first pair of shoes from them was the Minki Melanie.  Fitting, because my name is Melanie!  A simple, but stylish Mary-Jane.  Most women wouldn't get as excited as I did about those shoes!  But I'd never in my life been able to buy footwear like that.  I looked better.  I felt better about myself.  I had more self-confidence.  I carried myself differently.  I was a new woman.  Or that's how it felt!

I was hooked.

My love affair with them did not end there!  I now own 5 pairs of delectable footwear from this shop.  And I can guarantee, that will not be the end of it.  There are many, many pairs on my wishlist, and I intend to own every single one of them.

They have turned my frumpy into fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment